Blademasters Cup 2017 – Open Steel Longsword Tournament: Equipment Requirements
- Fencing Mask: FIE ranked fencing mask with no signs of serious damage, dents, rust etc.,
- Back of the Head Protection: rigid protector covering back of the head with no significant gaps
- Throat Protection: rigid throat guard (gorget) or a layered throat protection preventing the blade to go under the bib (3 layers minimum)
- Jacket: well padded HEMA jacket or similar offering good protection against strikes (under plastrons/rigid chest protectors are highly recommended but not necessary)
- Elbow Protector: hard shell protection of the elbow joints
- Knee Protector: hard shell protection of the knee joints
- Shin Protection: hard shell protection of the shin is required
- Forearms Protection: additional forearm protection is recommended but not necessary
- Gloves: fencing gloves with full level of protection applicable to longsword, eg. Sparring Gloves, SPES heavy gloves, Konig Gloves etc., Metal Gauntlets and Red Dragon gloves are NOT allowed!
- Groin Guard: Obligatory for men
- Rigid Chest Protector: Obligatory for women
- This Tournament is conducted on BYOW (Bring Your Own Weapon) basis. Organizers will have some spare weapons but it is highly recommended to bring your own.
- Longsword: ‘Federschwert’ type of sparring longsword with no visible signs of damage. Each weapon will be checked before the bout with flex tested. Red Dragon federschwerts are not allowed! Any weapon that will behave in a dangerous manner (too stiff, too much flex etc., ) will be rejected immediately!
- Recommended producers: Regenyei, Ensifer, Danelli, Szymon Chlebowski, Aureus Swords, Balefire Blades, Black Horse Blades.