Blademasters Cup 2019 – Open Steel Longsword Tournament: Equipment Requirements
- Fencing Mask: fencing mask with no signs of serious damage, dents, rust etc.,
- Back of the Head Protection: rigid protector covering back of the head with no significant gaps
- Throat Protection: rigid throat guard (gorget) or a layered throat protection preventing the blade to go under the bib (3 layers minimum)
- Jacket: well padded HEMA jacket or similar offering good protection against strikes (under plastrons/rigid chest protectors are highly recommended but not required)
- Elbow Protector: hard shell protection of the elbow joints
- Knee Protector: hard shell protection of the knee joints
- Shin Protection: hard shell protection of the shin is required
- Forearms Protection: additional forearm protection is recommended but not required
- Gloves: fencing gloves with full level of protection applicable to longsword, eg. Sparring Gloves, SPES heavy gloves, Konig Gloves etc., Metal Gauntlets and Red Dragon gloves are NOT allowed!
- Groin Guard: Obligatory for men
- Rigid Chest Protector: Obligatory for women
- Set of Tournament Weapons sponsored by Aureus Swords will be provided to all participants.
- You can find more specs on Aureus Swords website: https://aureusswords.com/federschwert-swoosh-german-tournament-p-11.html
- No other weapons are allowed.