On Sunday we’re starting our Blademasters League for 2016!
So here’s a revised version of our scoring system that will be using from now on:
- Each fight will consist of 5 exchanges with no time limit. Exchange is where one or both people score a hit.
- Possible scores for exchange are
– 6 points for a clean hit in torso/head area
– 3 points for a clean hit in arm/leg area
– 2 points for an afterblow for the person who hit first, 1 points for the person who hit second (regardless of the hit location)
– 1 point for forcing your opponent out of the ring (both feet)
– 0 points for double hit
– Strikes with the body and wrestling doesn’t score any points but can be used (in controlled manner) in order to facilitate scoring with a weapon (blade or pommel).
There will be 3 Referees for each match using flags to show scores, the general rule is that at least 2 out of 3 flags need to show the same result otherwise exchange is restarted. (Please note that means we need to have at least 5 people in the training!)
I want everyone to encourage a fair play behaviour so it’s perfectly acceptable to raise your hand and signal to the main referee if you got hit and show the location of the hit.
This is a new system and it will require a full attention from the referees as they need to follow each move and see the location of the hit. This will be hard and I expect some teething problems so we need to help each others out please!
Here’s the description of the flag scoring:
- One Flag UP: clean hit for RED in torso/head area = 6 points
- One Flag SIDEWAYS: clean hit for RED in arm/leg area = 3 points
- Two Flags – one UP, One SIDEWAYS: Afterblow = 2 points BLUE, 1 point RED
- One Flag DOWN: RED out of the ring = 1 point BLUE
- Two Flags SIDEWAYS: Double Hit = NO points
- Two Flags DOWN: Unknown / Referee didn’t see clearly enough
We’ll be using this system for all our tournaments so not only Blademasters League but Blademasters Cup in April as well.
You must be logged in to post a comment.