Here’s the equipment list required for sparring at the event:
- Fencing Mask: FIE ranked fencing mask with no signs of serious damage, dents, rust etc.,
- Back of the Head Protection: rigid protector covering back of the head with no significant gaps
- Throat Protection: rigid throat guard (gorget) or a layered throat protection preventing the blade to go under the bib
- Jacket: well padded HEMA jacket or similar offering good protection against cuts (plastrons/rigid chest protectors are recommended but not necessary)
- Elbow Protector: hard shell protection of the elbow joints
- Knee Protector: hard shell protection of the knee joints
- Shin and Forearms Protection: solid protection of the shin and forearm area is required
- Gloves: fencing gloves with adequate level of protection applicable to your weapon,
- Groin Guard: Obligatory for men!
- Rigid Chest Protection: Mandatory for women!
Please note #1: This is requirement for a maximum level of protection (aka Longsword), so for the lighter weapons we will scale these accordingly.
Please note #2: We will check and verify each participant individually on site to asses the safety level of their equipment and weapons.